Sunday 24 April 2011

Da new crib

Yo folks, I jus' moved downtown into a fat new criiiib! An' since I'm downtown, I gotta adapt and be all street, yo. Aight, just kidding. I guess I'll always be too white to be street. Pity.

Anywho, last weekend I moved to Erin's second apartment in her building downtown. You know, the one with a view of the Atlanta skyline, a pool, a fitness and room for a pony. (Given how big the parking lot is, I estimate that technically, there is room for a pony. Heck, given how big my apartment is, I think I could even fit a pony in here!)

Anyway, now that I've gotten settled in and even made my mark on the place by suggesting we get a desk (which we promptly got), it's time for a few pictures! Ready for some wonky lines, since I decided to use my wide angle lense again? Okay...

So when you come through the front door, you come into the foyer with a closet, and from there you see the living room.

The living room has two seating areas. I suggested we convert the second seating area into a home office by adding a desk, and Erin & Ben liked the idea so last Friday we went to IKEA and picked up this sleek white desk.



This must be the most impressive view I've ever had from a work space... not bad, isn't it? The high rise buildings you see further away are Midtown, and the trees to the right are the area where I used to live, right south from Piedmont Park. Amazing how green this city is, no?


Allright, so if you turn left, you go to the dining room, which has one wall which is completely covered in mirrors. It gives me the impression that I'm eating in a ballet studio. It also makes this 150m² apartment look even bigger than it is.



If you turn left again in the dining room, you go into the kitchen, which Erin & Ben completely refurbished when they bought this place.



Again, turning left in the kitchen, you go into the pantry. That's right... this place has a pantry. I'm rather surprised it doesn't come with butler too. Somehow, pantries make me think of butlers.



On the other side of the living room is the bedroom, with a kingsize bed and a row of decorative mirrors that Erin made herself.



From the bedroom you see the Hilton and the Marriott hotels.The Hilton has two exterior elevators which are lit at night and make for fun people-watching.


From the bedroom, you walk into the closet/bathroom, again with a full-size mirror.


On the left is the bathroom...



... and on the right is the closet (helloooow, wonky lines from wide-angle distortion!)


And that's it! If you follow the closet/hallway to the end, you're back in the foyer, where we started. So this is going to be my home for the next two months!

4 comments:

  1. The place is amazing! I don't think my next "real" job would enable me to buy or rent something similar.

    Honestly, it's time they cut back on FWO funding. But only after you finish your PhD obvi :p.

    P.S. Watching people in elevators from your bedroom at night must be so much fun!!! (I'm NOT being sarcastic btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures... Nice apartment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the job market meltdown and the low dollar to thank for being able to afford this place, not my supposedly lavish FWO funds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, oh, big problem. You should not be living in a place that is larger than your own ... that risks turning to be expensive in the long run !!!

    ReplyDelete